His & Hers Homemade

Friday, June 19, 2009

New Job and New House


Now that our housing situation seems to be under control, I am taking on a new job. We started our own business so that I can tutor and teach Spanish and English. However, being summer time and not living very near the new house, I decided to go looking for a job in the 'eye' field. I start Monday at an Ophthalmologist office working as an assistant to many different eye surgeries and working with equipment similar to what my dad uses. I think it will be fun to learn more about the eyes and be involved in another side of it.
As far as the house, the first contract on our home back in Louisiana fell thru. We should be able to keep her deposit but she stopped payment on the check. (Which is illegal!!) So the realtors are going after her for the money. We will see what happens there.
We now have a new contract in the works for the LA house. We should know for sure if it is going to make it by next Friday. On the new house here in Va, we have settled on a final price and everything is moving forward. I'm so ready for this whole process to be OVER!! I can't wait to get into the new house. We even bought a canoe to use on the new lake! =)
My parents are coming to visit us soon too! So we are very excited about that! Things seem to be coming together a little better at this point. I hope we don't have any more major bumps in the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment