His & Hers Homemade

Monday, June 1, 2009

My First Post

Hello Everyone! Well I've never blogged before, but something about moving so far away from home has sparked the urge in me to create a blog. So here's what's been going on with my little family in the recent months.
Gary found out that he was being relocated with Honeywell. After months of debate, it was decided that we would move to Richmond, Virginia. I have to say that I was excited! Out of several of the possibilities, Virginia was my first choice. They have great weather...almost anything is better than Louisiana weather... and a great central location: 2 hours from Washington D.C., 1 hour 30 minutes from Virginia Beach, 1 1/2 hours from the Blue Ridge Mountains, a day's drive to New York City, lots of American history with Williamsburg and so forth. We love the outdoors and there are lots of outdoor activities to enjoy here as well. Many people are into white water canoeing and rafting, fly fishing, hiking, mountain biking, and more. I really think we will enjoy ourselves here.
However, it is hard being so far away from family and friends. We really miss our church, Healing Place, back in Baton Rouge and the friends we made in our Newly Weds life group/Bible study. Brittany and Justin, you need to come visit when we get into the house. We sure do miss those nights of playing Hand & Foot and cooking yummy dinners together!
To help heal the home sickness we have ordered a webcam that should be in soon. So anyone out there that also has a webcam, send me your Skype addresses so we can chat!
So, what's going on right now? Well our house sold, or is in the process of selling right now in Louisiana, and we put in a contract on a house here in Virginia. I will post some pics of the house tomorrow when it should be official. I think this first post is plenty long, so I'll save the rest for later!

No comments:

Post a Comment