His & Hers Homemade

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

16 week appointment

Well, we had an interesting 'uninteresting' appointment yesterday.

It should have been just a quick belly check, but it turned into a little more. Our doctor was hit by a car while jogging, and is OK but not seeing any patients for a while. So, we had to reschedule with a new doctor. I think we are just going to change to this new doctor because we have no chance of seeing my doctor again until sometime in the 3rd trimester, and even then they aren't sure when she will be able to come back.

So, Gary and I met with a new doctor who we liked very much, too! She actually spoke a little slower and took a little more time to listen to our questions. While listening to the heartbeat, she took time to talk to us about the baby's movements. The baby was very, very active during the exam and kicked the monitor at least 5 times. Baby also kept rolling around and the doctor had to follow with the monitor. It was very fun and interesting.

She said she thinks I'll be feeling the movements in the next few weeks and that Gary will be able to feel the baby kick maybe by our next appointment. That is super exciting! I keep thinking maybe I'm feeling the baby, but I'm just not sure yet.

Our next appointment is set for July 1st and we will get our 20 week ultrasound and find out the gender!! This month can't go by fast enough. Also, I can't wait because my parents will be coming for vacation and should be able to attend this important ultrasound!! I'm so happy because it is hard on me having my family so far away. I'm so glad they can be a part of finding out the gender!! =)

Switching gears, we also recently had a great visit back home with all our family. My cousin Jason got married to a great girl on May 22 and we were so glad to be a part of the celebration. We drove back to Louisiana where I was able to eat dinner with my family and see my sister and her husband for a few hours before they took off to Hawaii for a wedding! We also visited my grandmother on the way to the wedding and saw my extended family at the wedding. Then we hit Texas where we were able to visit all Gary's grandparents and his family and eat some yummy crawfish! It was great seeing everyone and getting a chance to play with our little nephews that are growing so fast!

My great friend Hannah also came to visit for a few days over Memorial Day, so we have been very busy lately. We had a wonderful, relaxing visit with Hannah as we soaked up some sun at Virginia Beach and then hit the lake in Gary's ski boat. We had beautiful weather while Hannah was here, and it felt great to get some sun without melting like you do in the humid South.

Everyone involved in all these visits, I would love to get some pictures. We didn't take any ourselves but I know I saw cameras so please send some our way when you get the chance! Thanks! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment