His & Hers Homemade

Thursday, May 13, 2010

More pictures of baby!


Well, we just returned from another exam. It was an optional ultrasound =) and blood work =( that checks for signs of downs. The doctor said we are at a very low risk but doing the test got us more pics of the baby, so we were all for that! And here they are, several of the face and body profile and one of the legs because you couldn't see them well from the other angle.





We had to have blood drawn to go with this ultrasound and my friend Brenda (the girl who successfully got 4 tubes of blood out of me last time on one stick!! Quite a feat with me unfortunately) was not there today. The lady that was there only needed one tube of blood, so I was praying I wouldn't be too much of a pin cushion today. She didn't do as bad as some. (i.e. The lady that stuck me so many times she couldn't legally stick me again in the next 24 hours so she asked me to come back the next day!! Yeh Right!) But she did dig around in my arm with the needle because she missed the first try. =(

The doctor listened to the babies heartbeat, 165 bpm which is very good. Then we went for ultrasound. The ultrasound tech also not as good today as last time. Gary sort of aggravated her by trying to get her to guess the gender. She finally said, "I don't do that anymore because people get mad when I am wrong and blame ultrasound!" But she did get some good pictures. I wish she had been a little more verbal but she didn't say much about how everything looked. She just pointed out the body parts and so forth. So we will be waiting another 6 weeks until that 20 week exam to find out the gender. I have one more short appointment before then where I just see the doctor. I hope no more blood for a while!! So all in all a fairly painless appointment with some nice pics to share of the baby!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment